The CDIPS Data Science Workshop is a three-week student-run workshop that pairs small teams of grad students and postdocs with industry mentors to work on data science projects.
- Recruiting mentors
- Writing the application and screening participants
- Organizing the pre-workshop week, an orientation week aimed at helping participants get up to speed with useful tools (e.g. NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Teaching during the pre-workshop tutorials (see talks)
- Organizing the opening and closing ceremonies
- Organizing site visits and talks by data scientists on campus
- Checking in with participants and mentors