Expanding Your Horizons at Berkeley is a graduate student organization at UC Berkeley that plans an annual day of hands-on workshops for middle school girls to encourage their pursuits in STEM fields. I joined the planning committee of approximately 40 students in its second year, for which we expanded the conference from ~200 middle school participants to over 300 middle school participants. The conference grew steadily during my tenure, to over 450 middle school participants in 2015.
- Finance and Fundraising Committee (2012 - 2015)
- GA/ASUC Finance Agent: Ensured funds allocated by the Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC) and UC Berkeley’s Graduate Assembly (GA) were spent according to guidelines.
- Wrote and managed budget, applied for grants, approved reimbursement requests.
- Annual budget approx. $19K, including in-kind donations.
- Signatory (2012 - 2015): Ensured that group operated within LEAD Center (UC Berkeley student organization) regulations.
- Logistics Volunteer (2016): Escorted participants to their designated locations.