Beyond Academia is an organization of approximately 15 graduate student and postdocs at UC Berkeley whose mission is to provide opportunities for our peers to explore careers outside of the tenure track. Our flagship event is a two-day conference featuring dozens of professionals with PhDs who have successfully transitioned to careers outside the tenure track, though we also program other events throughout the year.
- Co-Director & Organizational Development Lead (January 2017 - present)
- Development committee (November 2016 - present): long-term planning for the organization.
- Logistics committee (May 2016 - March 2017): venue, catering, day-of logistics for the conference.
- Speakers committee (May 2016 - March 2017): coordinator for 1 seminar and 3 panels:
- Acquiring Quantitative & Technical Skills at Berkeley
- Data Science
- Technical & Specialized Consulting
- Transitioning into Tech
- Also helped plan the Professional Profile Clinic, a workshop to prepare PhD students and postdocs for networking opportunities.